Monday, June 17, 2013

Unexpected Kindness

Hold onto your cowboy hats, readers for I am posting a heart-warming story!


Photo: idelhearts.com


Last weekend had taken the Chunky Chicken to Fuddruckers because Andrew and I had a desperate craving for burgers. . . with melted cheese. . . and crisp smoked bacon. . . and 2,000 lbs of grease.  Okay, I didn't have a craving for the grease or the calories, but there was a definite need for those delicious buttery buns and meat, especially the bacon.  In fact, I could go for some bacon right about now.

Anyway. . . 

Ellie is "talking" loudly "AYE!!!! AYE!!!!  AYE!!!!!! MAMA MAMAMAMAMA" so I am relatively certain the entire restaurant and surrounding areas knew we were there.  Fortunately, it was only 4pm and as such there were only a few other patrons dining at the fair hamburger joint and they all seemed to understand  that "AYE!!!!!!!AAAAAYYYYE" meant "hi". (hey, this is a step-up from Ellie's old DIE DIE).




Shortly after corralling my Spider Monkey into a high chair, this young high-schooler approached Ellie.  He looked right at her, clutching this bright orange and yellow plush duck, and said "I thought you might like to have this".  He had won it using Claw machine.  True to Ellie form after I had her sign "thank you", she shook her head "noooooo" at the duck.  The unappreciative turkey!

I nearly cried.  I thanked him profusely for being so generous and thoughtful and also for talking to my little girl.  Then, I talked to his parents (who were actually the grandparents--dang, they looked young!) saying that their son/grandson is a kind, polite young man.

When I returned to the table, there was my daughter, feeding this new, plush duck PB crackers.  Nom nom nom.




Goodness, I really seem to be on a manners kick lately.  



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! And here I thought you only ate at Quizno's :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Occasionally we do venture away from The Q.

      Delete
  2. That is really sweet. My husband loves Fudruckers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, they have the rolls around. Buttery goodness!

      Delete
  3. That's so sweet! It really is the "little" things that make a huge difference. I always tell Arlynn to sign thank you too after someone compliments her or whenever appropriate, but most people don't give her time to sign it! It really frustrates me. I think most people assume she is way younger than two and don't expect a response from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are good helping Miss Arlynn learn manners. I bet they think she is too young. . . too bad they miss out on her awesome communication. She would wow them.

      Delete
  4. Love that this happened! It renews my faith in human kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and lately I feel like we have needed a lot of renewing faith in human kind lately. This young man was/is marvelous. Honestly, you want to know the 2nd reason we go to Quiznos? They way Ellie is treated. They treat her like a queen.

      Delete
  5. As always, an awesome post! Love those moments of kindness!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...