Friday, November 11, 2011

Forget Me Not Friday: New Pics!


I have just seen new pics of 3 orphans very dear to my heart.  They are still in desperate need of families.



Many of you may remember this little lovie, Francine.  Now just look at her!  What a beauty!

Girl, Born May 2006
Francine has been waiting a long time for her forever family.   She was born with CP, but you can see how well she is doing and how strong she is physically.  She is an orphanage favorite.
 
From her medical records:  cerebral palsy, spastic diplegia, delay of psychospeech development
From a family who visited with her in November 2010:  I recognized Francine at 16, and we actually met her last November. I included a photo, and although it's not the most flattering shot, she was in the middle of singing in the fall pageant. She was adorable, and Tom and I both fell in love with her. She can walk without assistance, although she is unsteady. But, she was able to follow the dance routine pretty well. She is smiley and very sweet. She waved a lot to us when we saw her during our visits. One of the nannies always took her outside to play with the other kids, and you could tell she is well liked by everyone. Even some of the other kids brought her toys and talked to her during playtime. At the time, I took a photo of her legs to help show her disability, but I didn't see her on RR when we got home. I forgot all about it until I saw her on there today.
From a family who visited with her in August 2010:  "I just wanted to say that Francine is mobile and doesn't let her CP stop her!   She was a very sweet little girl and her face beamed when she smiled!  She has beautiful light blue eyes and dark hair.  I know she would make a wonderful daughter.  If anyone asks about her I'd love tell them more about her. "










































Just look at how much sweet Elden has grown!  That smile of his is just infectious.


February 2007
Gender: Male
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark
Character: calm
From a missionary who visited with him recently:  Elden is very lively, joyful and playful boy. He loves games and jokes. He is the favourite of kids and personnel at the orphanage. Elden is a special kid. Before he was weak but due to attention of caregivers and lessons he made a great progress.   He become strong and now quickly learns everything new. He as well starts walking.
As he is growing, Elden has developed alopecia, which is premature hairloss.  It is quite common for kids with Down syndrome, even REECE has it!  It doesn't hurt, he will just be beautifully bald.  Yay, no traumatic haircuts! :)
LOTS of photos available!!   Single moms welcome!
















My Darling Tabitha!  Look at how much she has grown. Oh how I cannot believe no one has come forward for her.  My little daughter-of-the-heart.  

Girl, born May 2010
Eyes: Grey
Hair: dark brown
Character is calm

Hydronephrosis, pieloectazia of the left kidney, inborn heart defect. 




For more information on these children, on other children, or how you can help, please visit Reece's Rainbow at www.reecesrainbow.org








1 comment:

  1. i know you feel the same! i would walk through walls to go get these 3!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

    i just want to sit and cry now! ifeel so desperate sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...