Saturday, May 7, 2011

Celebrating Mothers

A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother
by Joanna Fuchs


A Mother-Daughter Moment

A Grandmother-Granddaughter Moment

I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.

Three Generations of Love, Spring 2011
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love, and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.

Three Generations of Spunk, last year 2010
How is it my mother looks the same and I keep looking older and older (and not wiser, might I add)?

You loved me with never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest things of all:
You let me separate and set me free.

Baby Bear on Mother's Day 2010

Everyday, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were [are] to me.





For my Awa.  I love you so very much.  Happy Mother's Day!

-Anna

1 comment:

  1. I love you too:-) Hope you had a happy mother's day as well. We should have entered one of those mother/daughter/granddaughter look-alike contests:-P

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...