Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Hello Miss Separation Anxiety

My leg has grown a new appendage.  It is called The Ellie Bellie Bear.  Ellie has this great affinity for standing.  She has an even greater affinity for using my pant leg to pull to stand.  Then she hugs my leg and looks up at me with those big blue eyes.  Who can resist?

Hi Mama!


If she is not latched to my leg, she must be held or at least be sitting on my lap while playing.  Heaven forbid I actually try to do something like cleaning or cooking when the Bear-Bear is awake.  Oh the horrible mommy that I am if I am in the same room as Ellie and I am not holding her.  For shame.

What is it with her gnawing on the fake food?  This one is a chicken leg.
Yep, you guessed it.  She is standing, holding onto my PJ pants while holding her fake food.


So here I am relishing in the thought that I am Ellie's favorite parent.  After all, she calls me "mama".



Or so I thought until she also started calling Andrew "mama", specifically.  What?!?!  We are BOTH mama?  Wait, does that count as two words?  Mama = Anna and Mama = Andrew.  Yep, I am counting it as two.  Super Ellie!

Still teething.  Can you tell?

We are actually not all that surprised as Andrew and I both worked with her so hard to get the "m" sound down.  Many nights Andrew would sit there with Ellie going "mah mah" while showing her the "M" flashcard.  It is no wonder Chick-A-Boom thinks we are both called "Mama".  Yet wait!  I created the Ellie Me Book that specifically has my photo labeled as "mama" and Andrew's photo labeled as "dada".  Eh!  Daddy's girl.  Mama's girl.  Does it really matter?  Nope.  Ellie understands that she has two people who love her very much and that is all we can ask for.



Now the question remains, when will I get my leg back?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...