Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reminder: Team Ellie Bears Buddy Walk


Hello friends & family,
Thank you to everyone who has shown their support towards Down Syndrome Awareness and Team “The Ellie Bears”!  Andrew and I truly appreciate your time and your generosity. 
This is a friendly reminder to register for the Buddy Walk if you have not done so already.  If you would like to donate towards Team: “The Ellie Bears” follow the link below.
On Sunday October 24, 2010 from 12:00pm-4:00pm, my husband, daughter, and I will join hundreds of others at the Reunion Ranch in Georgetown to bring about awareness and raise money for the Down Syndrome Society of Cental Texas [DSACT] by walking in the Buddy Walk.  By joining our walking team or making a pledge to “The Ellie Bears”, you are supporting the acceptance and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome. 
It is not necessary to walk the entire mile or to gather pledges.  It is an excellent event for those who have children as there will be a Joe McDermott concert, farm animals, hayrides, and other activities.  A short video listing the different activities for adults and kids as well as maps with directions can be found on the DSACT’s website at http://www.dsact.com/DSACTbuddywalk.html
To register for the walk:
  1. Go to http://www.dsact.com
  2. Click “Register Online”.  This will bring you to the Active.com website
  3. Click “Join An Existing Team”
  4. Select “The Ellie Bears”
Advanced registration is $15 per adult & $5 per child and includes Buddy Walk T-Shirts.  Registration on the day of is $20 per adult.
If you would like to make a donation and do not want to join Active.com or donate on-line, you may make checks out to “Anna Theurer” with DSACT in the memo.  I will mail you the Tax ID receipt.
As I have never been to Reunion Ranch, I do not know of a good place to meet so please look for a sign that says “THE ELLIE BEARS”.
The Theurer family thanks you in advance for your support.  Please contact me with any questions or comments about the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk.  I can be reached at (512) 401-0053 or at anna.theurer@gmail.com.
You are more than welcome to circulate this letter to friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors.  Any help is much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Anna, Andrew, & Ellie Theurer
The Ellie Bears


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...