Thursday, April 8, 2010

Painted House

Imagine this. . . hiring painters to redo the exterior of our house.  I know!  It is so hard to believe that Andrew didn't DIY this project.  That being said, there were still a few things that needed to be completed before the house could be painted.  These things date back to when we remodeled our kitchen--outside window trim & doorframe.  We (Andrew) are a little slow with the DIY.  Actually, we (he) has a bit of ADD with house projects.  That is an entire blog entry all together.

As I was saying, we recently had our house repainted.  When Andrew brought this in the pre-Anna times there was two-toned trim.  The main shade was teal and the accent trim, if you can call it that, was a very faded red.  It was awful.  Even more hideous--the porches were also the same faded red.  Yuck!

Believe it or not, we got hired our painters through Costco.  It sort of reminded me of that movie Idiocracy with Luke Wilson where he comes across the Buy & Large.  Or maybe that was WALL-E.  Anyway, we pay Costco and Costco in turn pays Certi-Pro painters.  The key is that we must like their work or Costco will not pay the painters.  Fortunately, we had awesome painters.

Idiocracy Trailer http://www.amazon.com/Idiocracy/dp/B000LWBSDU

Here are some pictures:




This is the front of the house.  What you cannot see are my newly planted petunias and geraniums.



Front Porch.  Everything has a yellowish-hue due to the pollen.  The trim and porches are actually grey.



Back Yard.  This will be our next project.  
Andrew would most likely want me to point out the Big Green Egg Smoker.



The wall to the right of the back door is somewhat new.  When I moved in, this wall was torn down because Andrew was putting in a new window that was a different size than the original.  Please admire his beautiful window trim and door trim :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...