Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh Brother



"Why am I sitting in this stupid pink thing?"





"This looks like a potty chair.  I still prefer diapers, mom!"





"Sorry if I look a little drunk.  I had to drink tons of formula to get over the fact Mommy didn't at least get the Bumbo with a tray."


I want to thank everyone for their support and understanding these past few months. Many of you have asked how I am doing and I am doing quite a bit better.  It is still a roller coaster though and there seems to be trigger points that send me into an anxious state or some melancholy. I am more interested in getting out of the house and playing with Ellie.  Andrew and I even went on a date last week!  Love you Drew-Drew Baby Drew-Drew Honey Bunny.  (feel free to gag at my term(s) of endearment to my little Toaster Pastry)

For the most part it seems that the addition of nortriptyline has done wonders in such a short period of time.  It has some rather entertaining side effects.  I have never had dry mouth like this before.  It is like a desert is taking over my mouth.  I drink so much water that I have to well, you know, every 30 minutes.  Still dry. . .it is causing my gums to bleed with brushing.  It has also turned me into Cookie Monster.  When they say increased appetite, esp for sweets, they were not kidding.  I could eat a whole thing of Oreos  or M&Ms or that cake from Kerbey Lane.  Andrew resorted to hiding the M&Ms from me.  I told him that I was going to get fat from this constant hunger.  Andrew's response was "yes, but you will be fat and happy".  Happy?! If I get fat I might get high blood pressure and heart disease and die.  Or I might get sad because I look pregnant and I am not.  Nonetheless, I am definitely less depressed since I have on the evil medication.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...