Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10.21.09 Ellie Makes New Friends


This morning was glorious. Andrew took Ellie's early morning feed so that I could sleep in. There was just one issue or should I say two. . .the cats. Oh yes, the cats decided that they wanted out of the kitty suite (which is the hot-tub room attached to our bedroom). So I heard Tama's Texan meow (or mer-rooow). She was shaking the door so hard I thought we had an intruder. Amelie stuck to her high-pitched chirping meow. Once I let them out, they went to sleep! Those little boogers.

I guess I cannot get too angry at the kitties because while my parents where visiting us, Smokey and Sparkler (their main-coon kitties) decided to knock the phone off the hook. So every time my mother would try to access the messages on the answering machine remotely, she would get a busy signal. I think that they were calling the pet psychic at $1.95/minute.

Yesterday Ellie and I attended playgroup through the North Austin Mother's Club. We had a fabulous time. Well, Ellie slept through it. There were a total of 4 of us with the Ellie being the youngest and Noble the oldest at 8 months-old. Noble kept trying to give Ellie toys. I think she has another boyfriend :-P

The house was really quiet yesterday with Sophie being at the vet for her spaying. Andrew says that she barked and carried on until the vet tech gave her some loving pets. Then she went off with the vet tech and never even looked back at Andrew. We see where her loyalties lie! Of course, I was nervous all day thinking that for sure my little 4-legged baby would have a negative response to the anesthesia such as malignant hyperthermia or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Clearly, I worry and overreact. Sophie did fabulously and will come home this evening.

Ellie Bear and I have discovered that pooping while eating vigorously at the same time is not a good idea. She turned into the exorcist baby and managed to throw up all over her front side, backside, and me. She got a lovely bath and an amazing thing happened--she didn't fuss or cry during bath time! We are making progress. Then she got a nice little baby massage with the Aveeno lotion. She smells yummy!

Today I have big plans of cleaning the bathrooms and doing laundry. Let's see if any of it gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...